Based on the decisions made by Interdepartmental Commission with the aim to prevent further spread of coronavirus to Kazakhstan, currently 49 regular international flights per week have been suspended and 84 international flights per week have been reduced, among them:
- All regular flights between Kazakhstan and China (34 flights per week);
- All regular Tehran - Almaty flights between Kazakhstan and Iran (Mahan Air, 1 flight per week),
- Regular Nur Sultan - Baku flight (3 flights per week);
- 7 regular Frankfurt – Almaty flights (Lufthansa, 4 times a week) and Frankfurt - Almaty - Nur Sultan (Lufthansa, 3 times a week) until April 24 this year;
- All regular Nur-Sultan-Paris flights between Kazakhstan and France (Air Astana, 2 flights per week).
- 6 flights between Kazakhstan and South Korea (Air Astana: Almaty - Seoul, from 5 to 1 and Nur-Sultan - Seoul, from 2 to 1; Asiana Airlines: Almaty - Seoul, from 2 to 1);
- 9 flights a week between Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan (Air Astana: Almaty - Baku, from 3 to 1 flight a week; SCAT: Aktau - Baku, from 7 to 1; Azerbaijan Airlines: Baku - Almaty, from 2 to 1 flight);
- Between Kazakhstan and Japan, Nur-Sultan-Tokyo flights reduced from 2 to 1 per week (SCAT).
In addition, since March 16 this year 68 regular flights per week of Kazakhstan (Air Astana, SCAT) and foreign (Turkish Airlines, Pegasus Airlines, Fly Dubai, Etihad Airways, Air Arabia, Wizz Air, LOT Polish Airlines, Belavia) air carriers to Germany, the UK, the Netherlands, Turkey, Ukraine, Belarus, the United Arab Emirates, Georgia, India, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Poland have been reduced and 2 regular flights per week were suspended (SCAT: Nur-Sultan - Antalya, Almaty - Antalya).
Under imposed emergency in Kazakhstan and in order to prevent a further increase of coronavirus cases in Kazakhstan, the following measures were taken in airline service:
1. Entry of foreign citizens into Kazakhstan is forbidden as of 8 AM on March 16, 2020.
2. Departure of citizens of Kazakhstan to foreign countries is forbidden.
Due to suspension of these flights, it is recommended that airlines provide full refund of the returned tickets without imposing penalty to passengers. The passengers willing to return the tickets shall contact the place of their purchase.
Restrictions of flights to countries with a high prevalence of coronavirus are temporary. As soon as situation improves, the regular flights between the countries will be resumed.
Those passengers who have further questions may contact the airlines by the following numbers:
Turkish Airlines: +7 7172 570849, +7 727 3333849, from 9 AM to 6 PM Monday through Friday;
Belavia: +7 7172 320241, from 9 AM to 7 PM;
Fly Dubai: +7 800 070 2833, (free call from mobile phone), 24/7;
Pegasus Airlines: +7 705 5558444, 24/7;
Lufthansa: 7 727 333 5025, from 10 AM to 9 PM, weekends from 11:30 AM to 8 PM;
Uzbekistan Airways: +998 78 140 02 00, from 8 AM to 8 PM;
Wizz Air: +36 16777136, 24/7;
Air Astana: +7 7172 584477, +7 727 2444477, +7 702 7024477, 24/7;
SCAT: +7 7252 998880, 24/7;
Aviation Administration of Kazakhstan: +7 7172 64 58 40, +7 7172 64 58 41, 24/7