About the launch of Wizz Air Abu Dhabi flights

 

On March 14, 2021, within the framework of the working visit of the Prime Minister Askar Mamin to the United Arab Emirates, the Ministry of Industry and Infrastructure Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan and Wizz Air Abu Dhabi signed a Joint Statement on the opening of regular flights between the Republic of Kazakhstan and the United Arab Emirates.

According to the Joint statement, Wizz Air Abu Dhabi has expressed its readiness to launch regular flights between Abu Dhabi and Nur-Sultan and Almaty from mid-May 2021.

To further cooperation between the Republic of Kazakhstan and the United Arab Emirates in air service, the parties, within their competence, agreed to interact further and coordinate efforts to open the above-mentioned flights.

 For reference:

“Wizz Air Abu Dhabi” is a low-cost airline, the 6th national airline of the United Arab Emirates, based at Abu Dhabi’s airport (UAE).

Operator’s certificate issued – October 12, 2020.

The airline is a joint venture with the state-owned ADQ (formerly Abu Dhabi Development Holding Company), which owns 51% of the shares, and Wizz Air Holdings own the remaining 49%.

The first flight was made on February 15, 2021, on the route Abu Dhabi-Athens.

The airline operates international flights to 11 countries on 13 routes (Athens, Armenia (Yerevan), Bulgaria (Sofia), Cyprus (Larnaca), Egypt (Alexandria), Georgia (Kutaisi), Greece (Athens), Israel (Tel Aviv), Ukraine (Odesa), Venria (Budapest), Poland (Katowice), Romania (Bucharest).

To date, the airline’s fleet includes 4 new A321peo aircraft, and by the end of 2021, it is planned to increase the fleet to 30 aircraft.

Share this: