Medical requirements for aviation personnel
The Department of medical safety provides continuous supervision and control over medical safety in civil aviation organizations and airlines of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- In accordance with legal regulations, we regulate the medical requirements for persons entering training and training as a pilot, professional flight crew, private pilots, air traffic controllers and flight attendants who are required to pass a medical examination. You must contact the aviation medical center (hereinafter referred to as the AMC) to undergo a medical examination.
- AMC RSE "Kazaeronavigation" Almaty city
- AMC LLP "Aero Park" in the city Nur-Sultan
To pass a medical examination, the applicant must fill out an application for obtaining and/or renewing a medical certificate. If false facts are found in the signed application indicating that diseases known to the applicant are concealed and pose a danger to flight operations, the aviation medical expert (hereinafter referred to as AME) sends the original application with a cover letter to the authorized organization for transmitting the materials to the authorized body for administrative measures.
Upon passing the medical examination, a medical certificate is issued confirming the applicant's compliance with the requirements for fitness for health reasons, and providing access to professional activities:
- persons who are enrolled in training and are trained as pilots; pilots are issued a "medical certificate of the 1st class";
- flight engineers, flight mechanics, navigators, private pilots, radio operators, flight operators, flight attendants - issued a "medical certificate of class 2";
- air traffic controllers and persons entering the training and studying to be an air traffic controller are issued a "class 3 medical certificate";
- LiSL pilots - a "Lisl medical certificate" is issued.
Holders of medical certificates immediately notify AME when factors that reduce their health validity occur, such as:
- performing a surgical operation or an invasive procedure;
- prescribing regular intake of any medication;
- receiving significant damage, which entails the inability to perform the professional duties of the relevant certificate of aviation personnel (hereinafter - the certificate);
- an illness that results in the inability to perform the professional duties of the relevant certificate;
- pregnancy and childbirth;
- first appointment of corrective lenses.
Aviation medical center certification
We also monitor the approval and ongoing certification of aviation medical centers (hereinafter referred to as AMC).
The aviation medical center performs a medical examination in the field of civil aviation after passing the certification examination by a Commission consisting of employees of the authorized organization, as well as specialists, consultants and/or independent experts.
If the applicant meets the certification requirements and eliminates the inconsistencies identified during the certification survey, the authorized organization issues the certificate to the applicant in the approved form within three working days.
The certificate is issued by the AMC, which is located on the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan for three years and is not transferable.
Guide for medical personnel
- Order of the Minister of investment and development of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated June 5, 2017 No. 324 "On approval of the rules of medical examination and inspection in civil aviation of the Republic of Kazakhstan».
- Order of the Minister for investment and development of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated June 6, 2017 No. 329 "on approval of the rules for providing medical care to passengers in civil aviation».
- Order of the Minister for investment and development of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated June 13, 2017 No. 344 "on approval of the rules for the appointment of aviation medical experts".
- Order of the Minister for investment and development of the Republic of Kazakhstan on June 16, 2017 No. 358 "On approval of the rules for certification and issuance of the certificate of an aviation medical center, as well as certification requirements for aviation medical centers»
Ensuring medical safety on board the aircraft and at the airport
The procedure for providing medical care to passengers during their stay on Board the aircraft and on the territory of the airport is determined Rules for providing medical care to passengers in civil aviation, regulated by the order of the Minister for investment and development of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 329 dated June 6, 2017.
Pre-medical care is provided on board the aircraft, as well as qualified medical care if there is a medical worker among the passengers. When rendering medical assistance, including foreign airline passengers do not use of medicines and medical products with the expired shelf life, the use of medical measuring products that have not passed the verification and registration in accordance with legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as medicines and medical devices available to the patient, except if they are prescribed by a medical professional. Aid with the use of drugs on Board the aircraft, turns out to be a cabin crew or flight crew of an aircraft, where not provided by the presence of cabin crew who have undergone appropriate training. To provide pre-medical care, a set of pre-medical care is used, and if necessary, a set of medical care.
The aircraft commander makes an emergency landing when he believes that the continuation of the flight is unsafe for the passenger's health.
The medical aid kit is used by a passenger with a medical education who is on board the aircraft, or by a senior flight attendant after receiving a recommendation/consultation (oral or written or remote) from a medical professional.
If crew members or passengers have symptoms of infectious or parasitic diseases before the flight, they are not allowed on board the aircraft.
Aircraft operating international flights to countries with infected areas are equipped with protective clothing, necessary medical equipment, medicines and preventive medications, disinfectants, disinfectants and pesticides.
On board the aircraft, primary anti-epidemic measures are carried out using a universal kit in cases of detection of a patient, death of a passenger/crew member suspected of infectious diseases, quarantine infections, contagious viral hemorrhagic fevers, malaria and infectious diseases of unknown etiology that are of international importance.
When a passenger contacts a medical center for medical assistance:
- a medical examination is performed, a preliminary diagnosis is made, and medical assistance is provided if necessary;
- for short-term observation of the patient, he is left in the medical center, and in case of difficulties in establishing a preliminary diagnosis of the disease, it is necessary to seek advice from medical organizations;
- if there are medical indications, an emergency medical team is called and/or sent for hospitalization;
- if there are contraindications for using the aircraft, it is suspended from the flight and a certificate of suspension is issued to it;
- the dispatcher of the transport organization service is informed about the passenger who is suspended from the flight, and a corresponding entry is made in the log of passenger requests for medical assistance, while it is mandatory to note where he left.
If an aviation accident occurs on the territory of the airport, medical workers of the medical center participate in emergency rescue operations as part of emergency rescue teams.