Frequently asked questions
1. Question: Tickets were purchased for traveling abroad, I would like to cancel the trip. How can I make money refund on a purchased ticket?
Answer: You should contact directly the airline or the agency where the ticket was purchased because the return will be done "in accordance with the contract of carriage" or under the terms of the airline or agency.
2. Question: Planning a trip abroad. Are we facing the quarantine on arrival?
Answer: You should contact the Ministry of Health. The list of countries affected by covid-19 coronavirus infection constantly updating.
The link to the website of the Ministry of health http://www.gov.kz/memleket/entities/dsm?lang=ru ,
Call center: 1406; + 7 7172 768043
3. Question I have a ticket for a flight with a departure date of March 14, 2020. How do I find out if a flight has been canceled/ changed/rescheduled?
Answer: you must contact the airline
Turkish Airlines: +7 7172 570849, +7 727 3333849, from 9 AM to 6 PM Monday through Friday;
Belavia: +7 7172 320241, from 9 AM to 7 PM;
Fly Dubai: +7 800 070 2833, (free call from mobile phone), 24/7;
Pegasus Airlines: +7 705 5558444, 24/7;
Lufthansa: 7 727 333 5025, from 10 AM to 9 PM, weekends from 11:30 AM to 8 PM;
Uzbekistan Airways: +998 78 140 02 00, from 8 AM to 8 PM;
Wizz Air: +36 16777136, 24/7;
Air Astana: +7 7172 584477, +7 727 2444477, +7 702 7024477, 24/7;
SCAT: +7 7252 998880, 24/7.
4. Question: What flights were restricted at the moment?
- All regular flights between Kazakhstan and China (34 flights per week);
- All regular Tehran - Almaty flights between Kazakhstan and Iran (Mahan Air, 1 flight per week),
- Regular Nur Sultan - Baku flight (3 flights per week);
- 7 regular Frankfurt – Almaty flights (Lufthansa, 4 times a week) and Frankfurt - Almaty - Nur Sultan (Lufthansa, 3 times a week) until April 24 this year;
- All regular Nur-Sultan-Paris flights between Kazakhstan and France (Air Astana, 2 flights per week).
- 6 flights between Kazakhstan and South Korea (Air Astana: Almaty - Seoul, from 5 to 1 and Nur-Sultan - Seoul, from 2 to 1; Asiana Airlines: Almaty - Seoul, from 2 to 1);
- 9 flights a week between Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan (Air Astana: Almaty - Baku, from 3 to 1 flight a week; SCAT: Aktau - Baku, from 7 to 1; Azerbaijan Airlines: Baku - Almaty, from 2 to 1 flight);
- Between Kazakhstan and Japan, Nur-Sultan-Tokyo flights reduced from 2 to 1 per week (SCAT).
5. Question: when will canceled flights resume?
Answer: currently, there is no specific time/date.
6. Question: From what date are domestic flights to/from the airports of Nur-Sultan and Almaty suspended?
Answer: From March 22, 2020 until the quarantine regime is lifted.
7. Question: Are there flights to international destinations?
Answer: International flights are carried out at limited frequencies. Information on flights must be tracked on airline websites.
8. Question: Can you please tell me if airlines will refund money for unused tickets?
Answer: Airlines are required to make a full refund of an air ticket in accordance with the protocol of the State Commission established in connection with the state of emergency in the Republic of Kazakhstan.