In order to reduce the risk of COVID-19 spreading by air and to protect the health of air passengers and aviation personnel, if persons with fever or symptoms of illness (cough, shortness of breath, shortness of breath) are detected, they will not be allowed to enter the airport building and, consequently, on Board the aircraft. These air passengers will be isolated and then quarantined.
- Greeters and mourners will no longer be able to enter the terminals.
- Passengers who show signs of illness or violate the established hygiene rules may be denied entry to the terminal or boarding the plane.
- At the entrance to the airport, non-contact thermometry is organized for passengers and employees, and those with temperatures exceeding 38°C should be sent for additional monitoring.
- A distance of 1.5 meters must be maintained between people. To determine the distance, special labels are applied to the floor and seats in the waiting room.
- Wearing a mask is recommended after entering the terminal, on the plane, and before exiting the airport upon arrival at the destination. (An exception is made only for children under 6 years of age and adults who cannot wear masks for health reasons).
- Personnel who communicate with passengers must additionally wear gloves, and aviation security personnel must wear transparent protective screens on their faces.
- Sanitizers with skin antiseptic are installed at the entrance, in halls, at the entrance to elevators, sanitary units.
As of 00:00 6 October 2020, all passengers arriving to Kazakhstan from the foreign countries go through temperature check, fill out the survey and will be required to provide a negative PCR test certificate (no more than 72 hours should pass from the moment of taking the test till the moment of crossing the border of the Republic of Kazakhstan).
Without the PCR certificate:
- foreign citizens will not be allowed
- citizens of Kazakhstan will be quarantined for 2 days at the designated facility/hospital for PCR testing upon their arrival to Kazakhstan.
All passengers arriving to Kazakhstan from the foreign countries are required to familiarize themselves with the governmental sanitary and quarantine rules.
Arriving passengers with an elevated body temperature, regardless of the presence of a certificate will be quarantined for 2 days at the designated facility/hospital for PCR testing.
Arriving passengers with a positive result for COVID-19 will be hospitalized in a quarantine isolation ward of an infectious diseases hospital.
COVID-19 Aviation Health Safety Protocol Operational Guidelines for the management of air passengers and aviation personnel in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic.
For further information about security in Kazakhstan:
The official website on measures taken to combat coronavirus infection in Kazakhstan - coronavirus2020.kz
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
See the CDC website for general COVID-19 information including information for travelers about COVID-1